Friday, August 29, 2008

Arunachal Epitome-States first eNewspaper

The huge hoarding that I saw earlier today, made me, literally rush to my computer and log onto the net. The advertisement was about launching of site Arunachal Epitome, which claimed to be updated hourly of the latest happenings of the state. Besides, it had a very interesting tagline "You See Today What Is Supposed To Happen Tomorrow.....", which reminded me of the media baron Elliot Carver and Carver Media Group Network of the 1997 James Bond movie- "Tomorrow Never Dies"(Good analogy, eh!....:)) Excited, I typed in their site address in the address bar only to be disappointed at what the browser displayed. See the snapshot below.



Contrary to what the advertisement claimed, the site was in construction stage without any news item so far even though it claimed to be 'the first eNewspaper from the state online since 2003'.

With only one online news site from the state - The Arunachal Times, I'm eagerly waiting for Arunachal Epitome to come out from it's construction phase and start uploading latest news updates from the state.

4 comments:

Post a Comment