Sunday, March 15, 2009

Kiren Rijiju for a changed political atmosphere in Arunachal Pradesh

Off late, one politician of the state is drawing my attention and gaining appreciation from my side.

Earlier, he was named among top 5 opposition MP's reviewed by their peers in treasury bench based on high benchmark in debates, discussions and decorum and was placed along the stalwarts in the likes of L.K. Advani.

In a state where it is easier to change party affiliation then changing clothes and where there is no party ideology, he stick to his party rejecting the offer of joining the rival party and fighting the forthcoming Lok Sabha election in their ticket and that too when nine of his party member had defected to the rival party. His concern is not just about becoming an MP but bringing about a 'political change' in the state.

"But I preferred to remain in BJP. I feel only becoming MP should not be the sole objective. I may feel lonely losing all the party MLAs to Congress but I still feel that I should fight the system to bring about a change in the political atmosphere in the state,"he said.

Hmm.. I guess you might have guessed whom I'm referring to.

And yes Mr. Rijiju, if we've more legislator like you; certainly we would be having changed and better political atmosphere in the state.

What do you say?

10 comments:

  • Daachan

    Right post.. at right time ...Me not a poltician nor its keen observer but I donno I m really impressed by Rijiju... actually I never know him personally or ever meet him .. I donno It may be due to media, even then I don't think him as like (our) typical NETA... who remain only for their matlab..

    "But I preferred to remain in BJP. I feel only becoming MP should not be the sole objective. I may feel lonely losing all the party MLAs to Congress but I still feel that I should fight the system to bring about a change in the political atmosphere in the state,"he said.

    .. Now its time to teach our leader that WE are no more innocents as earlier, we know who is doing what..

    Rijiju ! you may count one vote from me for sure..

  • AG

    Daachan,

    Well, let's hope we elect the right candidate this time, both for Lok Sabha and for state assembly.

  • davidchakma

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • davidchakma

    Among all the politician in the state Rijiju is an exception. He is firm with his ideology and believes. It is a commendable achievement for a politician from the state to be put in the same bracket as an stalwarts like Advani. Our state needs a strong opposition who will check the misuse of power, corruption, nepotism etc. Our opposition parties are weak who changes color like a chameleon.
    If I am enroll in the Voter list definitely my vote will go to leaders like Rijiju regardless of the party he is affiliated with.

  • Rome Mele

    "Why bother when we won't be able to survive let alone challenge" ... a persistent reply I would get in most of the talks when the whole discussion would revolve around bringing about changes in AP. Am glad that this is changing...and will change for better things in future, a future we would be proud to call it ours.

    Way to go ...Mr.Kiren... He's certainly an inspiring figure to all the AP lads!

    Regards
    :)

  • AG

    @davidchakma,

    Do we have opposition in our state? ;) Well, hope this election this changes and we have opposition in the state assembly to check the governance of ruling party :)

    @Rome,

    It's us (the present young generation) who can bring in the change...hope we would tide over this 'Chalta Hai' attitude and elect the best representatives this forthcoming elections for changed Arunachal :)

  • taj

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • taj

    What is weakness of T Sanjoy,he can be a as good leader as you desire!... He made it through heck and hell!. Riijuu.. alll knows how RIIJUU got to be an MP, the transformation of entire govt & cong party into BJP, else he were to be no were. That luck in spring of 2005 might have been his.

    IN NUTSHELL: We need a leader of substance and may be SANJOY also qualifies for it, or he is as good as RIIJUU, but the choice is ours

  • AG

    @Taj,

    Through the post I'm not campaigning for BJP nor Kiren..I only expressed that off late one politician is gaining my attention and appreciation. This does not mean that others should feel the same about Kiren.

    And yes, it would be unfair to brand Takam Sanjoy as failed leader or not at par with Kiren Rijiju, after all he is considered as the best spokesperson of ruling government so far. :)

    What I intend was, as you say, choice is ours', we have to choose the best leader this election, irrespective of party affiliation but who we feel would truly stand for development of Arunachal.

  • Tejaswy

    Hello dear,
    I really liked your blog and I have you on my RSS from today.
    Coming to the topic...Rijiju gets my vote too.
    I am surprised to know all the MLAs left for congress.It is a bit funny to imagine that ...don't you think:D

    Rijiju will be rewarded for his work appropriately when the right time comes.

Post a Comment