Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Different Reaction .......

Ahem... when I thought, after reading the local press that the claim had shaken political affairs of the State making the state Chief Minister to dash off to New Delhi, I found out that he air dashed to Delhi for altogether different reasons.

Firstly, for the NEC
(North Eastern Council) meeting that is to be convened at Delhi and secondly for urging the Union Government to reopen the ancient trade link along Indo-China border. DNA reports

Despite Beijing’s claim on his state, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Gegong Apang on Wednesday urged the Centre to reopen ancient trade links along the Sino-Indian border for the mutual benefit of both countries.

“Let them (governments of India and China) talk on the border issue. But we can do business. I have already written to the Centre to open nine trading posts along the border for the benefit of the people of both countries,” Apang said.

On Chinese Ambassador Sun Yuxi’s claim that Arunachal Pradesh is “Chinese territory”, Apang said he did not want to comment on the matter as External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee has already made a strong statement to say that the state is an integral part of India.

1 comments:

  • Free One Way Links

    Valuable info for anybody who wants one way backlinks for no cost. Anyone need free one way backlinks for their blog? I thought I might share some great information I found a little while ago. Free one way backlinks for your blog. I have been using this for my blogs and it really works great! Just click my name to see what I mean. Not selling a thing, it's completely free and it works.

Post a Comment